05 Aug The Learning Hub: Issue 67
Summer 2021 final issue…
Dear JIBC community,Ã‚Â
Since the lockdown, we have been producing weekly issues of the Learning Hub. As much as possible, we have tried to stay connected with our faculty and staff during these isolating times. Throughout the 67 issues published so far, we have provided many resources and information on educational tools, online teaching, Equity Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), Universal Design for Learning (UDL), Open Educational Resources (OER) and many more. Ã‚Â
And we would like to keep going, but we need your help! Please let us know how we can improve the Learning Hub by completing a short survey.Ã‚Â
Ã‚Â We are going on aÃ‚Â shortÃ‚Â break and willÃ‚Â resumeÃ‚Â in September with a new and improved look.Ã‚Â
Have a wonderful Summer!Ã‚Â
From all of us @CTLIÃ‚Â
Call for Contributions!
♿ ⚧ Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity (EDI) expression of interest
With the Learning Hub, we put out a new blog post usually every week. Later this year, we are adding to the scope of the Learning Hub by creating a quarterly edition that will consist of more original, JI-focused content. For this special edition of the Learning Hub, we will invite contributions from across JIBC on a designated topic. Our first attempt at this new version of the Learning Hub will be in October and our focus will be Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity (EDI). So, we are inviting anyone with a particular interest/expertise in EDI to contact us about contributing a piece for our special edition of the Learning Hub. We are looking for contributors in the following areas: Articles explaining EDI concepts to the JI community Descriptions and examples of using EDI in JI classes and courses. Stories of your own experience that reflects issues in EDI Interviews with practitioners/educators who are knowledgeable about EDI in an educational context Anything else that seems relevant/interesting in this area.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Facilitating Synchronous Online Learning with Collaborate Webinar
- Watch a recording of the workshop here
- Follow along with a copy of the slides
- Suggestions for Synchronous Online Learning (PDF)
Pivoting to Online
- Faculty Online Readiness Quiz
- Instructional Continuity Checklist for Faculty
- Watch a Recording of a Collaborate Training Workshop
- Instructor Transition Course
- Blackboard Help | For Faculty | For Students
Pivoting to Online
- Blackboard Training Workshops for LESD/BLES and PBDLES (Recordings):
- Workshop 1: CourseÃ‚Â Template, Announcements, Discussions and Uploading Content
- Workshop 2: Assignments & Groups
- Workshop 3: Tests & The Basics of the Grade Centre
- Workshop 4: Blackboard Grade Center Part 1 – Introduction
- Workshop 4: Blackboard Grade CentreÃ‚Â Part 2 – Set up
- Workshop 5: Blackboard Collaborate
- Workshop 6: Kaltura
Want some one-on-one help? Have something specific you need assistance with? Reach out to the CTLI team by emailing us at email@example.com.